1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
This 1270 nm/1330nm DFB 1~10Gigabit SFP+ transceiver is designed to transmit and receive optical data over single mode optical fiber for link length 10km. The SFP+ LR module electrical interface is compliant to SFI electrical specifications. The transmitter input and receiver output impedance is 100 Ohms differential. Data lines are internally AC coupled. The module provides differential termination and reduce differential to common mode conversion for quality signal termination and low EMI. SFI typically operates over 200 mm of improved FR4 material or up to about 150mmof standard FR4 with one connector. The transmitter converts 10Gbit/s serial CML electrical data into serial optical data compliant with the 10GBASE-LR standard. An open collector compatible Transmit Disable (Tx_Dis) is provided. A logic “1,” or no connection on this pin will disable the laser from transmitting. A logic “0” on this pin provides normal operation. The transmitter has an internal automatic power control loop (APC) to ensure constant optical power output across supply voltage and temperature variations. An open collector compatible Transmit Fault (TFault) is provided. TX_Fault is a module output contact that when high, indicates that the module transmitter has detected a fault condition related to laser operation or safety. The TX_Fault output contact is an open drain/collector and shall be pulled up to the Vcc_Host in the host with a resistor in the range 4.7-10 kΩ. TX_Disable is a module input contact. When TX_Disable is asserted high or left open, the SFP+ module transmitter output shall be turned off. This contact shall be pulled up to VccT with a 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ resistor The receiver converts 10Gbit/s serial optical data into serial PECL/CML electrical data. An open collector compatible Loss of Signal is provided. Rx_LOS when high indicates an optical signal level below that specified in the relevant standard. The Rx_LOS contact is an open drain/collector output and shall be pulled up to Vcc_Host in the host with a resistor in the range 4.7-10 kΩ, or with an active termination. Power supply filtering is recommended for both the transmitter and receiver. The Rx_LOS signal is intended as a preliminary indication to the system in which the SFP+ is installed that the received signal strength is below the specified range. Such an indication typically points to non-installed cables, broken cables, or a disabled, failing or a powered off transmitter at the far end of the cable.
2. PROPOSED APPLICATION SCHEMATICS
3. PIN DEFINITION
The SFP+ modules are hot-pluggable. Hot pluggable refers to plugging in or unplugging a module while the host board is powered. The SFP+ host connector is a 0.8 mm pitch 20 position right angle improved connector specified by SFF-8083, or stacked connector with equivalent with equivalent electrical performance. Host PCB contact assignment is shown in Figure 2 and contact definitions are given in Table 2. SFP+ module contacts mates with the host in the order of ground, power, followed by signal as illustrated by Figure 3 and the contact sequence order listed in Table 2.
Note: 1. Module ground pins GND are isolated from the module case. 2. Shall be pulled up with 4.7K-10Kohms to a voltage between 3.15V and 3.45V on the host board.
5. ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATING These values represent the damage threshold of the module. Stress in excess of any of the individual Absolute Maximum Ratings can cause immediate catastrophic damage to the module even if all other parameters are within Recommended Operating Conditions.
6. RECOMMENDED OPERATING ENVIRONMENT Recommended Operating Environment specifies parameters for which the electrical and optical characteristics hold unless otherwise noted.
7. OPTICAL CHARACTERISTICS The following optical characteristics are defined over the Recommended Operating Environment unless otherwise specified.
Notes: 1. Average optical power shall be measured using the methods specified in TIA/EIA-455-95. 2. Receiver sensitivity is informative. Stressed receiver sensitivity shall be measured with conformance test signal for BER =1x 10-12 . 3. Vertical eye closure penalty and stressed eye jitter are the test conditions for measuring stressed receiver sensitivity. They are not the required characteristic of the receiver. 4. Power budget is defined as the different between the Rx sensitivity and the Tx output power of the interface. 5. Path penalty is intended as the power penalty of the interface between back-to-back and the maximum applied dispersion.
Table 5: Optical Characteristics
8. DITITAL DIAGNOSTIC FUNCTIONS The following digital diagnostic characteristics are defined over the Recommended Operating Environment unless otherwise specified. It is compliant to SFF8472 Rev10.2 with internal calibration mode. For external calibration mode please contact our sales stuff.
9. ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS The following electrical characteristics are defined over the Recommended Operating Environment unless otherwise specified.
v> 10. CONTROL AND STATUS I/O TIMING CHARACTERISTICS Timing characteristics of control and status I/O are included in Table 8, which is also defined in SFF-8431.
v> 11. MECHANICAL Comply to SFF-8432 rev. 5.0, the improved Pluggable form factor specification.
v> 12. ESD This transceiver is specified as ESD threshold 2kV for all electrical input pins, tested per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015.4 /JESD22-A114-A (HBM). However, normal ESD precautions are still required during the handling of this module. This transceiver is shipped in ESD protective packaging. It should be removed from the packaging and handled only in an ESD protected environment.
13. LASER SAFTY This is a Class 1 Laser Product according to IEC 60825-1:1993:+A1:1997+A2:2001. This product complies with 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11 except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice No. 50, dated (July 26, 2001)